2" dielectric digonal

memoryman

I hope this is the right discussion group to post this?

I have just acquired a Lyra 102 f11 doublet refractor and need a diagonal for it. I'd prefer a dielectric type and I note that Lyra produce them (cost £50). Has anyone any experience of them and whether my presumption that, as their refractors have a good reputation, their dielectric diagonal will be of an equally good quality?

The Lyra dielectric diagonal is made by GSO I believe. It's the same unit as the Revelation 2" and is also available under a number of other brandings. It's a very decent diagonal for £50 that Lyra are currently asking for it.

I was thinking that £50 was an incredible bargain for these. I have a 1.25" dielectric GSO, and the lowest price I could find was $75 - and well worth it! In the 2" dielectrics, I have a fleet of William Optics ones. Those cost me around $130 each. The GSO ones over here go for only a few $$'s less.

I'd buy a GSO 2" for £50 in a heartbeat!

Dave

4 hours ago, memoryman said:

Just had an email from Glen.

The diagonal he sells is the same as the Teleskop Service item, but at only £50 it's under half the price! 

So guess what I'm about to do?!??

Still made by GSO and still a good buy !

That looks very nice !

You may not need the extender but you won't know for sure until you try it under the stars.

Hope you get some clear skies soon to try it out :icon_biggrin:

I usually have my right angle finder eyepiece aligned with my scope eyepiece for convenience sake so I can move from one to the other easily.

Archived