Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

2 Panel Mosaicin Ha

Rodd

On 8/29/2016 at 17:43, Rodd said:

Thanks Olly--and that is definitely true.  I find that almost no processing is needed after the image is Non linear.  Then again--this is true for Ha for me.  But as soon as I combine other filters, everything seems to change for some reason.  I always thought that as you add colors it is like a coloring book--there are areas of red, green and blue.  But I find that there can be destructive interference between filters.  A wonderfully rich and full Ha image suddenly becomes less so with the addition of OIII for example.  I have had images that have Ha structure over wide areas, but when I add OIII and SII--those areas lose the fainter structure.  Its almost as if the OIII or SII replaces the Ha in those areas, or somehow interferes with it.  Its hard to explain.  Maybe that was a Baader thing.  

Nice image! :) - and I second Barry's comments about haw far you are progressing. Like you, I am a relative newb, I know that the learning curve is rather steep, but you're sticking in there like many others don't :) 

I also completely understand your comment about the Ha data getting washed away when added to other channels. Maybe it's a noise thing? 

Keep 'em coming!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Pompey Monkey said:

Nice image! :) - and I second Barry's comments about haw far you are progressing. Like you, I am a relative newb, I know that the learning curve is rather steep, but you're sticking in there like many others don't :) 

I also completely understand your comment about the Ha data getting washed away when added to other channels. Maybe it's a noise thing? 

Keep 'em coming!

Thanks Paul.  It is a long hard climb that's for sure.  I am starting to get glimpses of some vistas however--like hiking up a mountain.  Can't stop now!! Maybe the Ha degrading it is related to chromanence noise--not sure.  I will have to solve the problem what ever it is as this mosaic will be full color.  Shooting the OIII now (1/2 way done) and then the SII.

Archived