SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Help!!

OK, so I have just got this serial and am attempting to put it together...does this look right, shouldn't all the elements be isolated?? The non green connector is aluminium.this is the serial....http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3el-144MHz-LFA-Yagi-0-67m-boom-Super-Quiet-LFA-Yagi-allow-you-hear-more-/291804427347?hash=item43f0e63453

IMG_20160823_183129.jpg

6 hours ago, Carl Reade said:

They are in the right order but I didn't think the driven element made contact with the boom. Any yagi designs I've seen the loop had to be insulated?

That's what I thought, but. The loop material is a different diameter and the 2 clamps fit. I might wrap some insulating tape around the loop under the clamp.

Hi Martin, I'm glad that you got it sorted. It's not always the case that the elements are insulated from the boom. This is an Innovantenna's product, and I found that I had to ask for the assembly instructions as they should have been emailed, and even then they didn't quite match what I had. However, the company is extremely responsive to emails; I even had a response on a Sunday. Now that you've acquired the instructions I guess that you've found that out!

Ian

Archived