Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

North America Nebula & Sadr region reprocessed.

I ruthlessly eliminated over 50% of my subs that had cloud in them and then let DSS choose the best 90% of the remainder to stack. This greatly reduced if not eliminated the gradient and lack of contrast caused by moonglow. Unfortunately my Veil shots all appear to have too much thin cloud to benefit the same way.

This does show the lovely sharpness of the Zeiss Sonnar 135mm across the field, at least after UV halo reduction.

North America Nebula.png

Nice one Neil, that really shows the nebula well, and a good range of star colours. So how many frames did you end up with and what sub-length was that?

That Zeiss looks good too, but then it should be! Samyang have just brought out a 135mm f/2 which is reported to be pretty good, manual focus too rather than 'fly-by-wire'. It crossed my mind about getting one, so it's interesting to see just what sort of FoV you get with a 135mm.

Ian

F3.5 used wide open (to be honest the iris is jammed). Old when I bought it in the 80s, but still young enough to have fully coated optics.

I stacked 90% of 59 subs, so about 54 out of th3 original 120+. All 1-minute at ISO800, any longer would have bleached out.

Archived