NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC6888 in Ha through a 200mm SLR lens

MikeD

The Plan was to get some OIII data on the bubble neb with the Lumicon filter Anthony lent me........ Bu**er, the filter was too deep for my astro engineering filter wheel( by about 0.5 of a mm) icon_cry.gif

So not to be beaten I decided to remove the filter wheel and put the nose piece back on and stick the filter on that........Bu**er, I could not reach focus using the noise piece because the skywatcher 1.25" drawtube attachment (which needed to go back on to take the noise piece) is at least 2" deep which left me about 2mm short of intravel.

So on to plan C, complete change and stick a 200mm SLR lens on the cam and piggyback that on the 80ed which in turn is piggybacked on the 10" newt

and grab a quick wide field shot as it was now very late.

7065_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Enough of the journey and on to the result, very pleased with this when you consider it's taken with a lens I got for £15 off ebay.

1x 15 mins and 4 x 10 mins in Ha through high mist ( reduced to 75%)

7066_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Mike

Very nice Mike and great through a £15 lens! However, could not help but smile when looking at the set up - you guide through the 80ed, image through a camera lens and then have a great big 10" scope just sat there looking pretty. I know it is a consequence of the evenings "entertainment" but made me smile!

Anthony

Cheers guys.

Visual Observing Mike what ever next

The only problem was not a lot to look at when pointed at NGC6888 through a thin haze and you have to be carfull not to upset the guiding. :shocked:

Mike.

Archived