NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Family at the scope.

Returned from holiday, clearing sky last night so set up scope and binos with the family as an end of holiday evening together and quality time together.

Sadly as per my Cornwall meteor watch post, it confirmed that from my light polluted suburban garden, the milky way is not wispy and clear to naked eye, could not really see it.

Neighbours have fitted additional insecurity lights while away to back of garden now awash!!!! Grrrrr.

We had a good evening and the scope was mobbed when Saturn was in good view, I could see more than the family, but knew what to expect and how to interpret what we saw, stunning as it can be.

Family now suggest I get driven mount and camera so they can look from inside!

Tempting very tempting but I don,t think the bill size would be well received. 

As usual a Very happy observer ?

9 hours ago, happy-kat said:

A difficult one to tackle tackfully but their lights should not be shining into your garden. There are some great posts with other member's solutions to intrusive lights and various blocking contraptions.

Sadly my neighbour is not open to discussion.

Archived