Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I picked a GREAT time of year to learn AP!

Here in New Mexico we just started our Monsoon season. SOOO,  it has been overcast and raining every night. So,  yes,  I picked a great time indeed to try to learn AP. And yes I'm being sarcastic. Well,  I have time to get a new wide angle lens......... 

I don't know about it being the wrong time of year.  Sure if you are clouded out you'll not get much scope time, however... you will have lots of time to hit the books and internet to learn as much as you can about the part of AP that has you interested at the moment.   It's a huge topic and it's a complicated subject too when you get into it.  Image processing is an art in itself, so whilst it's cloudy you could always hone that skill using images that other people have taken.

4 minutes ago, cjdawson said:

I don't know about it being the wrong time of year.  Sure if you are clouded out you'll not get much scope time, however... you will have lots of time to hit the books and internet to learn as much as you can about the part of AP that has you interested at the moment.   It's a huge topic and it's a complicated subject too when you get into it.  Image processing is an art in itself, so whilst it's cloudy you could always hone that skill using images that other people have taken.

indeed,  and exactly what I have been doing. thanks for the advice. Seems a never ending wealth of knowledge on the subject out there!  

Archived