Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Zeiss zoom, finally

jetstream

They say that waiting for things is good for the soul, but in this case not so much. After many months of waiting the Zeiss 25.1mm-6.7mm has a chance to prove itself on some nebula and prove itself it did...in the 15" f4.8.The Baader adapter has allowed easy focus for this eyepiece, many thanks to YKSE for the heads up on this adapter.

And so...clouds rolling through prevented a good look for about 2 hours tonight but allowed some nice lawn chair views of the Milky Way shining through the cloud- until the wind picked up, which cleared the sky. This eyepiece has Ethos like contrast, with a narrow FOV. I was able to follow the thin thread from the Wisp up past the western Veil to the detached patch past the split in the broom- easily, direct vision. The 3rd split in the broom was VG in direct vision tonight.The Eastern Veil was amazing with the narrow FOV isolating any section that I wished to view.

I will also say this- the Crescent showed more detail than seen before...this eyepiece really makes objects stand out with the Lumicon OIII/UHC.

So much was viewed- M31 dust lanes, M13 cut up, as well as Carolines Rose shredded into sharp, curved lanes and loads more, what a great night!

Archived