SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Could you give a bit more information? What do you think the object is? How many sub-frames and what exposure have you used? Have you calibrated the frames?

As it stands, the DSS autosave image is very low resolution so I doubt much can be extracted from this.  Plus I can't see any stars in the image, only hot pixels.

There's a wealth of processing information on the web (people put tutorials on their websites) and there's lots on youtube as well.

A good place to start if you've not already done so, is to gte hold of the book 'Making Every photon Count' available from the FLO book section. It really will explain much of what you need to do at all stages. This is a good read and well worth doing so. I'm sure it will help you out no end.

Here's a couple of tutorial places to start with ...... google is most certainly your friend :) Here's 3 I found in seconds!

http://www.budgetastro.net/video-tutorials.html

2 hours ago, swag72 said:

There's a wealth of processing information on the web (people put tutorials on their websites) and there's lots on youtube as well.

A good place to start if you've not already done so, is to gte hold of the book 'Making Every photon Count' available from the FLO book section. It really will explain much of what you need to do at all stages. This is a good read and well worth doing so. I'm sure it will help you out no end.

Here's a couple of tutorial places to start with ...... google is most certainly your friend :) Here's 3 I found in seconds!

http://www.budgetastro.net/video-tutorials.html

There are lots of tutorials out there but they are not always good. The second of these is, in my view, profoundly unhelpful and the maker of the video is, frankly, floundering.

Very good video turorials are available, though not for free, by Warren Keller and Adam Block. We ought to check out an 'approved list' of processing videos, really. 

Olly

On 21/07/2016 at 07:40, Galatic Wanderer said:

Here is all my data. It's not a lot I know but the raw single images are better then the stacked one?:

Aligned, stacked and very crudely processed in PixInsight...

int_DBE_ABE.jpg

Hi Seb. I used PixInsight's StarAlignment process... Choose a reference image, add the files and tweak star detection settings.

PixInsight is quite a sophisticated program with a steep learning curve. You may find Stark Labs Nebulosity easier to grasp. 

Just now, Jokehoba said:

Hi Seb. I used PixInsight's StarAlignment process... Choose a reference image, add the files and tweak star detection settings.

PixInsight is quite a sophisticated program with a steep learning curve. You may find Stark Labs Nebulosity easier to grasp. 

Thanks, unfortunately I don't have Pixinsight but couldn't I just filter out the images that don't fit well with the alignment?

Thanks, Seb

2 minutes ago, Galatic Wanderer said:

Thanks, unfortunately I don't have Pixinsight but couldn't I just filter out the images that don't fit well with the alignment?

Thanks, Seb

If there are sub-frames that are clearly bad, then exclude them from your stack. Your original DSS autosave image lacked stars - as if DSS considered them hot-pixels and smoothed out the background. Maybe you need to amend some of the parameters so that DSS will detect more stars? As was said earlier by ChrisH:

On 21/07/2016 at 00:09, ChrisLX200 said:

...image processing is not a magic wand and you do need reasonable data to work with! :)

You posted jpg's, which have already lost much detail. Working with properly calibrated RAW frames will yield better results.

Archived