NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Looks like someone got themselves a bargain on ebay

spaceboy

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SkyWatcher-Skyliner-350-P-flexTube-Goto-Dobsonian-14-Telescope-/122033646937?nma=true&si=tqP6sm%2Bp%2BMzHFE4H8ha%2FOTlfTYc%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

£770 for a 14" GOTO dob :icon_eek: That's like over £1k off the retail :eek:

I see mention of power issues No power is getting through to the handset, although the display lights up when connected directly to the mains. but I also see a mains adapter in the images for something like a Gameboy and not a GOTO telescope which require a 12v supply of around 4amp to work properly.

There is always an element of risk buying of ebay but I think someone got a right bargain on this occasion!!

Interesting dilemma. I've had my fingers burned a couple of times buying used GOTO stuff on Ebay and wouldn't do it again, but whoever bought this still has a massive Dob that can be used manually for £500 less than the new price of the non-GOTO version. If the GOTO can be made to work it's a bonus :cool2:

It's probably a very good buy if the buyer has some confindence that they can sort the issue out.

I got a 10" Skyliner for £100 off e.bay "Buy it Now". The photo's were not too good but the scope turned out to be in great condition when I collected it.

I've noticed that "collection only" items do sometimes stuggle to get bids on e.bay so if you happen to live within easy reach sometimes it's worth a punt on things.

28 minutes ago, John said:

It's probably a very good buy if the buyer has some confindence that they can sort the issue out.

I got a 10" Skyliner for £100 off e.bay "Buy it Now". The photo's were not too good but the scope turned out to be in great condition when I collected it.

I've noticed that "collection only" items do sometimes stuggle to get bids on e.bay so if you happen to live within easy reach sometimes it's worth a punt on things.

I had a similar experience when I bought a 12" Flextube for £300 "Buy it Now". It had a very dusty mirror but cleaned up beautifully and the OTA was in mint condition. Bargains to be had for sure, it's just the electronic stuff I am now wary of as I wouldn't know where to begin if I had to fix it.

Archived