NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Most Popular ?

According to one advert from (FLO!) they quote,  the Skywatcher Skyliner 200P Dobsonian is "The UK's most popular Dobsonian telescope"
I'm interested in finding the UK's most popular Refractor telescope, as I have not yet come across any advert with a similar quote ?

Rather depends on the definition of popular - in terms of distribution and availability leading to sales, perhaps the Celestron Astromaster 70. It's reasonable price makes it accessible for many first-time and casual buyers, most of whom would probably be quite pleased.

But that's not the same as best...

A decent Tak woud be pretty popular with me, and so would the chap who gave it to me!

Well, depends on how you define "popular".  Is that the same as best selling?  If so, it would have to be the ubiquitous, high f-ratio department store 60mm telescope based on the number of them I see coming up on Craigslist.  Popular?  At first, then the interest soon fades, or it's so frustrating they sell it.  If by popular you mean most recommended over the last 15+ years to newcomers by experienced amateur astronomers, it would have to be the achromatic, 80mm f5 short tube refractor.

I guess it may depend on what the intended use is , AP or visual.

A well priced 4 inch achromatic refractor would be up there I would imagine.

Along the lines of the Tal or the evostar as you mentioned.

Archived