Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Binoviewer eyepiece selection

Johnboy

Hi all,

I have a 12" Lightbridge (f5 / FL 1500) and a binoviewer which has a 1.8 corrector lens with it and I am interested in purchasing a pair of matching eyepieces to view DSO's such as M13. I have a pair of 20mils that came with the bino and a pair of 12.5 orthos which I find fine for planets, but for more wide field views I am wondering what you folks would recommend. I have been considering the Baader Hyperion 24mm but I am not sure if the views would be much different from the 20mm. Steve at FLO has been most helpful, but he suggests I ask here for other opinions.

Any help would be greatfully received.

Many thanks

John

If I remember rightly the maximum clear aperture on the newer bino viewers is only 24mm, on the older ones it can be as low as 19mm so going wider will just give you vignetting.

A better way around things would be to sort out a scope that you can use with them that doesnt require you to use the oca, thus allowing you to make the most of the eyepieces you have

Archived