NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mars on the longest day

mikeDnight

I seem to be very lucky at getting good views of Mars through gaps in the clouds and last night, 21st June, was no different. The seeing was very good despite the cloud and the atmosphere was steady. Syrtis Major is close to the lower right limb with Hesperia crossing the low south. Isidis and Elysium in the centre and Utopia in the north were complex nd several bright regions were standing out, possibly due to mist. (29th sketch)

Mike :happy11:

2016-06-22 08.51.50.jpg

Looks like it could be a clear night tomorrow and I am feeling a lot better. So hoping to get out there and observe and draw Mars. 

I`ve got some eyepieces that have been given to me plus a new barlow lens so looking forward to try them out!

If I`m happy with my sketch I`ll post it on here. It will be the first time I`ve let other observers look at any of my sketches. 

Archived