Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Looking for advice on what price to ask for on my modded eq5 mount

Garethr

Hey guys,

looking to to sell my EQ5 mount but don't want to put a "silly price" on it so hoping someone can advise me as what it's worth then I can post in the classifieds section.

Its a skywatcher EQ5 mount with tripod.

Nema 14 stepper motors with belt drive

astroeq controller with ST4 port

polar scope

polar scope illumimator

battery pack (skywatcher)

12v power supply

hand controller  (up,down,left,right) 

counterweights x3

extension bar for the counterweights (missing the small screw at the end to protect your toes)

any thoughts much appreciated 

Gareth 

There is a saying "something is worth what your willing to pay for it" and this is the same with new or used goods. In my experience second hand goods sell for various prices depending on demand. I have noticed that EQ5 mounts do not come up used very often yet when they do they can sometimes sit for weeks unsold. While you have a lot of modifications to your EQ5 the main selling point with any mount is there load capacity. As Olly has said a good place to start is between 60-70% of the new value taking into consideration what the mods owe you.

Archived