Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Just tried to use my meade DS 2090, am I missing something?

During the alignment it had me find arturus, which when it slew to it it was off a fair bit. When I found it I noticed that I couldnt get it to focus on my lense pieces, a 25mm and 20mm from the set that comes with the telescope. I ended up using a 12mm just to get a very unfocused view, next star was Deneb I think, again hard to find with that small red light finderscope. and even when I thought hmm ok good enough. Going to see anything from the tonights best, I couldnt see a thing.

Am I doing anything wrong?

Just a quick thought. Are you using the scope with the diagonal in place? I am not familiar with the DS2090, but some refractors can't achieve focus without the diagonal.

Have you tried using the scope on some terrestial target during the day? Are you able to achive focus then?

Regards

Richard

Not sure if this will help, but I found that the only way I could achieve focus when I first got my frac was to not actually put the ep all the way into the diagonal. I had to tighten the restraining screw with some of the nose piece barrel sticking out of the tube. I fixed this by buying an extension tube.

Archived