Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Quadropole Antenna Feed Horn

Hi everyone,

I'm a graduating high school student from Illinois. Over the past year I've been working with Quarknet in conjunction with Fermilab to design a feed horn for a radio telescope. The feed horn is a CAD file designed in SolidWorks and simulated in FEKO. The goal is to have a file that other high schools and colleges can use to 3D print their own feed horn to develop a nationwide telescope array.

The feed horn that I designed has a "quadropole" antenna (two dipoles oriented perpendicular to each other) which seems to be unique.

Since my time on the project is nearly done, I thought I should write a paper summarizing the feed horn and my findings for posterity. Unfortunately, I don't know anybody who might be able to proofread it. Furthermore, I may not even understand some of the theory behind the project -- especially with regards to polarization and the antennas themselves.

I was hoping that somebody would be able to give the paper a read and suggest any changes, especially regarding the "Antenna Design" section. Also, this is my first time on this forum, so if this post is best suited for another location, please let me know.

Thank you very much!!

FeedForum.pdf

Can't help with the query I'm afraid, perhaps contacting some University Astronomy departments might be a good idea?

43 minutes ago, Dr_Ju_ju said:

If this is genuine, why are you directing to PHP site and not the PDF file you are purporting to want read, so methinks this is a scam

I think it's just how the forum software works, the .php link is part of StarGazers Lounge, not a 3rd party site.

Archived