NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

2nd go at Mars.

Managed to get a couple of three minute videos last night before the clouds rolled over and got a little extra detail from these compared to my first effort.

Does anyone know what the max video length should be before rotation comes into play?

Here they are:-

MVI_1436.png

MVI_1437 .png

Just guessing but I imagine the maximum video length would be about 3 minutes. I've heard that it is 1 minute 30 sec.limit for Jupiter which has a rotation of 10 hours. Mars rotates once in just short of 24 hours. So I imagine you could get away with a 3 minute video.

Mike

11 minutes ago, mikeskor said:

Just guessing but I imagine the maximum video length would be about 3 minutes. I've heard that it is 1 minute 30 sec.limit for Jupiter which has a rotation of 10 hours. Mars rotates once in just short of 24 hours. So I imagine you could get away with a 3 minute video.

Mike

Thanks. :icon_biggrin:

Not too shabby Tim, had a crack at Mars last night but not had time to process yet... I'm not expecting much as the video was just an orange wobbly ball so I reckon you've done well there !

46 minutes ago, knobby said:

Not too shabby Tim, had a crack at Mars last night but not had time to process yet... I'm not expecting much as the video was just an orange wobbly ball so I reckon you've done well there !

Thanks Nobby... Just had a re-process, stacking much more of the video (9500 frames), and I think it looks better...

Mars 9500.png

Archived