Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Leo Triplet

Ishan Mair

Thanks Paul.

1 hour ago, Ouroboros said:

Excellent image, Ishan.   I like the colour and the detail in the galaxies.  It is amazing to think what we are looking at too isn't it? Three entire galaxies 35 million light years away! Phew! 

Your Baader coma corrector has really worked well hasn't it! I took almost the same scale photo with my 200p a few weeks ago and I can quite clearly see the coma in each corner of my image.  I have a coma corrector, just didn't use it. 

Thank you. Its working well (not perfect though). This is a crop of about 60% of the view to get the galaxies deserved attention. There were some odd difficult to handle gradients too. I do get some strangely shaped stars due to not being able to get the exact distance from chip. But its much better without the CC. There are things that I'd like to improve in the next season and this is one of those.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 27/05/2016 at 06:02, Ishan Mair said:

The image was captured from my home over two nights - on 29th Feb and 7th March.

Total imaging time : ~ 7 hours (65 x 5 min + 25 x 4 min) and Flats. Darks & Bias from library.

With : Canon 1100D, Skywatcher 130PDS, Baader MPCC, HEQ5 Pro.

Stacked & processed in Pixinsight.

The temperature was quite high ( camera exif showing 33 C ) & I almost gave up the processing due to terrible noise in the background areas. But patience paid off & a second attempt with some different NR methods worked to give this result. I admit, I've learnt a lot from the Pixinsight tutorials by Kayron (Light Vortex Astronomy), Jon Rista, Harry, Alejandro and Juan (both from Pixinsight forums) . Thank you guys for taking the time & putting up such wonderful materials.

Thanks for looking. Please feel free to comment or criticise.

Ishan, what iso setting did you use? Tim.

12 hours ago, StargeezerTim said:

Ishan, what iso setting did you use? Tim.

Sorry I forgot to mention that. ISO 400. Not sure if it's the best. But keeps the sub's histogram (in Canon DPP) at about 25% from left.

8 hours ago, opticalpath said:

That's a remarkable result with a modest set up and in such difficult conditions.  Really well done!

Adrian

Thank you Adrian.

Archived