NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Pixinsight processors to get to grips with - PI experts

alcol620

Hi folks

I have used Pixinsight for over 6 months now and would like experienced PI users to point me towards the processes that are "must use" ones. Looking at the vast range of processes in the PI "All processors" list, most of them I have not ventured near. What do they all do, I ask?

I have got to the stage that I can calibrate subs, use masks, noise reduction, stretch and 'curve images' but what about all the others on the list.

No user manual seems to exist to take the non-expert through the various processes, although incredibly instructive tutorials from Kayron and Harry exist to take the newbie through a fair number of processes.

Can someone give me a quick run down of the must use processes and where to find instructions and settings on how to use them?

Thanks for your inputs

Alec

Harry does tutorials for intermediate also and you will be hard pushed to find better.warren Keller does comprehensive pi tutorials which are very good they are monthly subscription based Google Ip4ap

Thanks Andyo and Steve. I have used both Harry's and Kayron's - mostly Kayron's. Progress would have been very slow without them. I suppose the main reason for my post, which perhaps I didn't set out very well was that the list of Processes set out in PI is long and a whole number of them do not seem to get a mention - they must be useful? I wondered if there were others which did things that were worth knowing? Perhaps a list somewhere of what they do and how to set them up would be useful? 

Regards

Al;ec

Hi Derrick I hadn't looked at this before. Plenty to get stuck into here.

Just had a quick look at Steve Herrman's tutorial on processing M33. Wow, no knowledge of most of the stuff he used on there. However, would have liked a bit more explanation, but I assume you simply follow his steps and settings?

Thanks

Alec

Archived