NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Lunar Craters Tonight C8i Xbox 360 Webcam

Aussie Dave

The Xbox 360 Live Vision webcam is on borrowed time while I wait impatiently for a Flea3 mono camera to arrive.

Tried some lunar earlier tonight with the Celestron Nexstar 8i SCT with Bintel 2" 2x ED Barlow and UV/IR Cutoff filter.

Conditions: no wind, clear, cool but wobbly like jelly.

The first image was with the ED 2x Barlow but I don't think I had good focus and the jelly like conditions didn't help. I haven't noticed this crater before. I had to reduce the image size dramatically.

Drizzle15_22_00_33_g5_b3_ap1 Final.png

I then decided to take the lens off the Barlow and just used it as an extension tube for the next 2 images due to condition.

268 frames. A bit noisy. I could have reduced noise further but would of lost some finer detail.

Drizzle15_268frames Final.png

The last image is a single best frame that's just been sharpened. I managed to get the Rifle although not the perfect phase of the moon to bring it out.

Lunar 1_Frame Final.png

Archived