Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

AstroTortilla Settings

(I seem to have taken over this section of the forum, sorry!)

I've been using Astrotortilla successfully for a while when imaging with my SW ED80DS and DSLR.  It solves super fast and I've never had a problem, until trying to use it with my SW200 PDS reflector/DSLR.

I was wondering off anyone uses it successfully with the same kit could share their settings with me?  I think it could be either a config file issue, or the wrong Cygwin index files.  When I set it up, it asks you to select the index range based on 20% of your smallest FOV and the whole of your widest.  The FOV calculator for my 200 PDS gave me 1.58 x 1.06, so I basically went for the first index in the list (smallest?) and the ED80/DSLR gave me  2.64 x 1.76 so I picked based on the next upwards from 2.64.

I remember feeding into the config file the specifics of the FOV for the ED80, so I've replaced it with the numbers for the 200PDS, but no solves :-(

I am unsure how to access the rest of the .fits files, it seems that it's a one time only option to choose when you install, and in any case I'm not sure which ones I'd need if my calculations above were wrong.

Any help much appreciated.  I've been spoiled by this amazing program, and having to go back to manually finding/framing is a really pain!  Thanks for any help. 

Ok so I think that having gone over the FOV calls again I was not including my coma corrector working as a .9 focal reducer, so I may have been missing an index at the lower end of the scale.  I've downloaded it now and await clear skies and time to test it.

If you have a decent broadband connection you could download all of them. With practise you will see which files it uses on  a regular basis. The files it doesnt use you can move to new folder maybe call it unused but leave it in the main folder. My time to solve by doing this fell from circa 30 seconds to <5 seconds as its not wading through uneccesary files.

Archived