Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

QHY8L help needed

So I was imaging tonight with my QHY8L but ran into difficulties. It was working fine in preview mode, but when taking proper exposures the results were a little odd:

QHY8L 1.JPG

I tried changing various settings. Knocking the offset down got me to this:

QHY8L 2.JPG

Any idea what's going on with the camera? It's probably something obvious that I'm missing!

Thanks,

- Lee

Thanks for the reply! The exposures were 1 - 2 minutes (I can't remember exactly). I was using EZCap software. And no stretching -- the images I posted were straight from camera. It's rather odd because in the Live Preview screen the photos looked exactly as expected. I have recently added a light pollution filter and some T spacers into the set-up, but I can't see how that would cause the strange results. Especially as the Live Preview looked fine.

The Moon may have been low in the sky. Shouldn't have made much of an impact I wouldn't have thought. Not sure about autostretch, but I've used EZCap before and it was all ok. Maybe I should try taking some exposures in a different piece of software?

I'm trying again this evening but it's the same. Preview shots look just fine. But the actual captures are pure white with coloured dots. Very confusing!

i had the same problem, thought it was crease on the censor, asked the good people on here, sugested latest software, so uninstalled and reinstalled latest and was back to normal, glad you got going again, cheers

Archived