Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Can Anyone Explain This?

I have a separate thread going where I struggled to process images of Mars very well. I have found out one of the main problems - the green channel is 'double registering' blurring everything and creating haloes top and bottom. I am stacking in AS!2, but release 5 as the latest beta won't work on my computer.

Can anyone suggest why it isn't stacking green properly?

Split_Channels.jpg

For that one I think 35 size, about 10 points. I've tried down to 25 and up to 40. I've just tried 50 which does better but loses a lot of detail.

I'm going to try splitting to RGB in PIPP, then stacking RG & B separately, with bigger align points on green.

Has anyone else got any ideas? I have the same problem with Saturn. It could be a diffraction effect due to the low angle - the AVI shows an image red on the bottom and green at the top. But why do the green and blue images come out 'double' rather than just mis-aligned or smeared? I can't see how diffraction would consistently produce double images. Really frustrating too - the red channel image of Saturn below is spanking for a webcam!

Confusion.jpg

Archived