NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Celestron CPC 800 XLT

After watching some videos of the CPC range I've noticed my model differs slightly to some of the ones on the videos (same make and model)
Photo 1 (mine) shows the secondary mirror where you can see the collimation screws.
Photo 2 (off web) shows the secondary mirror that has a cover over it - you can't see the collimation screws.
Just making sure that mine isn't meant to have this cover because one wasn't in with the scope or is this an older model?

image1.JPG

image2.PNG

You should have the cover Pete - this protects the collimation screws from getting turned or nudged. Have you checked the boxes and packaing thoroughly? If you have then I'd recommend you get on to the retailer and inform them you have a missing item. :)

(Older models can only be differentiated by the pattern on the back of the tube)

1 hour ago, brantuk said:

You should have the cover Pete - this protects the collimation screws from getting turned or nudged. Have you checked the boxes and packaing thoroughly? If you have then I'd recommend you get on to the retailer and inform them you have a missing item. :)

(Older models can only be differentiated by the pattern on the back of the tube)

I've just gone through all the packaging again but can't find anything. I've sent an email to Celestron and RVO. I've just looked on Celestrons website and it shows the 800 without a cover (like mine) but it shows the 9.25 and the 1100 with covers. So who knows!!

Hmmm... well the 800 I had before upgrading was an up to date model, and it had a cover too. I've never seen them without one except when owners take it off to collimate or add a Fastar set up. Dunno if that helps you but at least you know it should be there. :)

On 24 April 2016 at 09:05, brantuk said:

It'll be interesting to hear what RVO and Celestron have to say about it. :)

Celestrons reply:

'Yours is the correct up to date version which has the fastar removable secondary mirror, hence the appearance is different.'

short but sweet but at least I have an answer!

14 minutes ago, brantuk said:

Cool - thx for the update Pete - if you didn't already know, at least now it's confirmed you have the Fastar compatible scope. :)

Can't say I understand the answer but at least I got one!!

Archived