NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Focuser on the William optics ZS66

Hi,

i have just managed to bag a secondhand WO ZS66SD scope, in lovely condition, and as I have a spare Feathertouch micro touch stepper motor, I want to fit to this new scope.

these motors are meant to be fitted to the 10:1 fine focus knob, but my issues is that to get it to fit, both the fine and coarse focus knobs have to be removed from the one side, and the fine one comes off easily by loosening a small set screw, but there is no such screw on the coarse knob, so does anybody know how this can be removed ?

it seems like it might just be pushed onto a shaft with a flat side to stop it spinning, but don't want to pull to hard in case I damage something, hence the question on here.

the coarse knob on the other side does have a set screw....so that will come off easily.

help appreciated

cheers

Bill

Hi,

thanks Dave for the reply

there is a screw visible through a hole in the focuser assembly but it is no where near the knob, it is for the actual dual assembly to be removed.

i know what you mean though I had a scope before that was like you said, where the knob shaft went inside the assembly and the screw was accessed through a hole, but it's not the case here.

regards

Bill

All sorted after a chat with a guy on the Yahoo williams optics group, found out that the focus knob has a rubber surface which will just lift off, and underneath the there is a grub screw, so now a lovely Feathertouch focus motor fitted to my WO ZS66....works beautifully.

image.jpeg

Archived