Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Atik Artemis Capture

Tinker1947

I use the above mentioned software with a Atik 414Ex and a EWF 2 filter wheel, if i only take a single sub a nd use the Autosave function it will save the file as a Tiff, thos is handy for my photoshop as it doesn't like Fitt's file, but if i use the sequencer to take multiple images and run through a filter sequence when i go into the save file option and click save as a TIFF or a FITT, i click the TIFF and save this it flicks over to the FITT files and saves them, what am i doing wrong or is the TIIF save option bugged.......

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have never tried saving as anything other than a fits file so when I read this post I tried saving as a Tif as you explain above and the same thing happens, it goes back to fits so I don't think you are doing anything wrong, maybe the Tif option only works with a DLSR  

I always save as fits also, don't ever stick single image in ps as I always stack beforehand in dss and save the stack as a tiff. To be honest, I didn't even know saving as tiff was an option :)

The atik forum might be able to provide an answer,could be a software glitch. I always save as Fits and use PI as my processing software which can handle just about any type of image file and easy to convert for further processing in PS

Archived