Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

F.O.V Index Astrotortilla Help Please.

Astrith

I have bought a new mount and a Lodestar x2 C camera. Having heard about Astrotortilla I would like to get it set up . I have read the Light Vortex astronomy guide , but still remain a little confused over the index range .

using the field of view calculator ( my scope is a Star discovery 150p ) I get the calculations F/ratio F5 Focal  length 750mm F.O.V. 28.26 x 21.8 ( inclusive of lodestar camera settings ) . Would some one be able to let me know what index range I should be using ....please.

My head is hurting a lot as I am getting my head around Eqascom , polar scopes etc , and the endless cloudy nights we are suffering are not helping . Many many thanks for reading. Alan.

PS.....Just realised that the above calculations are for the OTA   (  having a brain overload here )  and not a finder scope . As I use the lodestar camera in place of eye piece ,DUH .

You need to find the indexes that covers between 10% and 100% of your field of view

So you need to cover 2.18 (10% of the smallest value) to 28.26. You need indexes 4200 - 4207. 

I believe the AT installer lets you select the indexes you want to download. Hope you have a reasonable broadband, cos it's gonna take a while :):)

59 minutes ago, daz said:

You need to find the indexes that covers between 10% and 100% of your field of view

So you need to cover 2.18 (10% of the smallest value) to 28.26. You need indexes 4200 - 4207. 

I believe the AT installer lets you select the indexes you want to download. Hope you have a reasonable broadband, cos it's gonna take a while :):)

Thanks Daz. Thats been a great help.

Archived