Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Information on Swift 20 x 80's please.

ToxoLight

I have the option of purchasing a pair of Swift 20 x 80 binos for the grand price of £30, they are in very good 'external' condition not a scratch, and have their original case but no paperwork, internally there is a small amount of dirt/mold on the objective lenses, they are perfect collimation.

The only reference to model is a number, 801003, and field of view of 194 ft at 1000 yds.

The exit pupil when viewed don't show any square shading so I think they may be BAK-4 prisms but I don't have any real knowledge on this so might be wrong.

I believe Swift were an American company but now don't trade.

Any info on these binos would be most welcome especially on the process of stripping and cleaning the optics.

Thanks in anticipation.

• 2 weeks later...

Update. 

Had a very enjoyable day Saturday, stripped binos down and all optics cleaned, Prism chambers found to be only partially painted black so given a coat of matt black.

Re assembled and tested for collimation, found to be still perfect, now awaiting on our weather for a proper test on our glorious cosmos.

Archived