The plough (the rectangualr bit) DSLR and lens

This is to add to image of the plough handle a couple of weeks ago. Building up quite a good map of this constellation!

There is a lot of detail here and the image (at least the tiff) will allow you to zoom in a lot to see the detail. For instance, just to the right of Merak is the owl nebula and surfboard Galaxy. They are tiny but they are there, and show colour. I think I am going to have a lot of fun going through this with a fine toothcomb...

19 X 3 min, iso 800, 70 mm (70-300 zoom), F 6.3, DSS, Photoshop and a bit of DBE.

PloughCore.thumb.jpg.3d66cf63f1103c9453a

7 minutes ago, todd8137 said:

hi not bad for the data but I do not see the owl ect in this image. But you did say the tiff  whe you stitching the two ,together ?

pat

Here it is, the big star is on the bottom left of the image. I flipped the original so that may confuse! Never stitched before so probably won't. Also I missed at bit between the handle and core.

56e7e6fdd586a_Surfboardandowl.thumb.png.

There you go I did not doubt you I just could not see it zooming on the ipad but yeah ,have you tried the  Virgo chain of galaxy wide field the Mach chain ? I would love to see you image that as you seemed to have got a hand on this wide field  stuff

pat 

Archived