Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Parallelogram mount

Breitling1884

Hello, my name is Brett and i live Liverpool, i have allways been interested in looking upwards and have recently became a newbie to the world of astronomy.

I got myself a Skywatcher 8" dobs and love it but for portability i have now bought a pair of Helios 25x100, great bino's but with the tripod my neck is not going to live as long as would like. 

I have seen a parallelogram mount made by Orion, the Monster is its name but i am having a great deal of trouble in finding one in the UK, i have also seen many videos on Youtube of home made ones but no videos on how to actually make one, is there anybody outthere that either knows of someone that can make me one for a reasonable price or could point me in the direction of some actual instructions on how i could make one for myself? 

I will appreciate any answers and info. 

Thank you

OMG £500 bit pricey but hey, it is astronomy and most of the investment should be in a good mount. Shouldnt it?

I was thinking, the Orion Paragon Plus is suitable for bins up to 80mm, could they not be adjusted, maybe with some extra counter weight to accomodate my larger 100s?

Thank you for your reply.

Ah cheers i could look into that, i have a rough idea on how to make one due to the many vids i have seen on Youtube but they're all different desgins, i   understand the principle of a parallelogram, its just the arm/beam lengths that i am unsure about, are they longer the heavier the bino, or do i just compensate with counter weights?

Thanks for replies

Archived