Televue spares ?

Davey-T

Anyone know where I can get a new locking screw for a 2" Televue Everbrite diagonal ?

Just packing stuff for SGL X1 and managed to drop it, no harm done but bent the screw and it seems to be a funny size, got a selection but none of them fit so need the proper thing.

Dave

5 minutes ago, DRT said:

I can't say I have managed to find any TV spares anywhere, Dave. Probably best giving TV a call and see if they can help.

Great, 50p for the screw and £20.00 for the postage :)

Dave

Just now, Davey-T said:

Great, 50p for the screw and £20.00 for the postage :)

Dave

This is TV we are talking about - it's £20 for the screw and 50p for the postage :lol:

More seriously, I have heard nothing but good things about their after-sales service and suspect they will pop one in the post if you call them.

Another thing to check is whether or not it is an Imperial rather than metric screw size. If you measure the screw thread carefully you might be able to find an imperial screw on FleaBay for a couple of pence to give it a go.

Reasonable chance that it is an "old" imperial thread. If you email TV they will likely say, as Derek says only heard reasonable things about their support.

Should be able to get somewhere to measure it, used to be a sort of blade with various teeth along it that gave the pitch.

There is somewhere on ebay that sell different styles of imperial screws at a good price, sort of 5 for £1.50 or similar. Had to buy 2 sets for a Meade as they use 1/4 UNF or UNC.

I've got a fair selection of different screws but can't find one to fit, coarser than 4mm metric, finer than 3/16", got some BA ones somewhere but can't find them ATM, went to local engineering store and they couldn't find a tap the same size to identify it.
May order a selection of EBay.

T'Vue don't seem to have a contact email address on their site, wan't people to phone.

Dave

Dave,

I have a TV barlow with a set screw that I am unlikely to use this weekend. If you need to use your diagonal you are welcome to try the screw so that you can use it over the weekend but I'd need it back on Sunday.

I should be down from early afternoon tomorrow if you want to come over and try it.

Cheers

Derek

Archived