Up grading an old push pull

Frank the Troll

Now I just need some sort of adapter to fit the 96mm flange on the focuser to that of the tube

And very kindly   roblegion has offered to machine one for me, just as well, Im pants at that sort of stuff and don't have a lathe

Recycled pallet wood, now thats a different story, I make allsorts

eight.JPG

The adapter needs to fit the 96mm flange along its lenght of 15mm with a thickness of 2mm and then step up to fit the ID of the tube at 125mm with enought depth to secure it

Refered by Rob as a donut

Now just need to wait

Watch this space ;)

8 minutes ago, nightfisher said:

Looks to be a good and worth while project, im guessing its about f6.8, what maker is the lens?

Theres no makers name anywhere on this scope, so havn't a clue

With the amount of travel of the draw tube to focus on the moon, it could be more than F6.8

But yes, its going to be very worth while ;)

A good project. Some makers pencil names or details on the sides of the objective, so if you ever take it apart there may be some evidence there.

Get yourself a nice long dew shield, that will dew up in record time as is.

18 hours ago, philj said:

A good project. Some makers pencil names or details on the sides of the objective, so if you ever take it apart there may be some evidence there.

Get yourself a nice long dew shield, that will dew up in record time as is.

Cheers, I will bear that in mind, but dont think that will be anytime soon (if it works, dont fix it) ;)

Optics are pretty much in pristine condition considering the age

Currently have a home made dew sheild, bit naff but that will do for the moment,  but will make a longer one at some point, and match to the scope

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/03/2016 at 15:34, philj said:

Took it apart, no name or details any where

Whislt it was apart, and waiting on an adapter for the new focuser, have now added some carbon fiber to the tube (Two tone purple/bronze)

Will need to rub down and then repaint the objective cell housing at some point, will keep the same colour theme and use a metalic purple or bronze I reckon would look better

Might have to do the Evo 90 in carbon too if I piggyback it on this

purple.JPG

• 5 weeks later...

Archived