NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mount upgrade from Star Discovery 150p...?

Astrith

I am thinking of branching out into DSLR photography .  Considering the  HEQ5 PRO SYNSCAN.  However I already have a Synscan handset from prior set up ( Star Discovery 150P ) . To keep costs down is it possible to buy a mount where I can just plug in handset I already own . Many thanks for reading. Alan.

2 hours ago, happy-kat said:

Have you seen this thread?

Link here

If you are just wanting to see whether it is an interest to take further or not then you only need a skywatcher l-bracket to use your dslr and lens on your mount instead of the telescope (to start a foray into imaging).

Thanks happy Kat. I think I am getting drawn in to Astro-photography. Will search link. Many thanks. Alan........ Just looked at the thread...Wow !!  Has given a new outlook . 

There are limitations as you have a capped expsoure maximin because your mount can not account for the Earth's rotation but if you are just dabbing toe in to see if it is an interest it is a low commitment hurdle and there is so much in processing to learn anyway.

Bracket I use on two of my two Skywatcher mounts that takes my dslr or my ST80 or my mini Mak C70

Link here

Archived