Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Problems with eq1 mount

Really hope you can advise. This is a photo of my eq1 and refractor polar aligned and set as though I was was viewing south outside. Unfortunately my R.A fine adjustment control sits tight against the balance weight which makes it very awkward to operate. The counterweight needs to be at the end like this. Ive tried scope on other side but the adjustment control then interfers with the underside of scope snd doesn't work properly either.  I know it's not a great mount but is this normal?  I've just been leaving RA control off and moving scoop with hand.:BangHead:

image.jpeg

You can get some much longer / thinner cables which make it a lot easier.

Can't recall where I got mine from - but they worked a treat.

Sadly I no longer have my EQ-1. I foolishly gave it away when I upgraded. Shame - it's a nice mount.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Ian

Are both slo mo control cables the same length? If not you may have them the wrong way round on the two axes. Try switching them so the Dec one is the shortest. If they are both the same length then you may want to get a longer one. Astro boot are usually a good site to use for oddments. Hth :)

Archived