Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Red Filters

Hi Guys

So i have been looking at red filter solutions.

From a field point of view i work out of my motorhome which has 2 x 24" monitors and my TV in it, up until now i made a wodden frame and stretched the red gel sheets over it, they worked ok but were prone to tear or not quite sit right distorting the view of the screens. as for the laptop it was tape and more gel, messy and not great.

I have used Sheetplastics.co.uk before in making my SCT dewshield and i had a look and sure enough they do a Red Tinted Acrylic & so with that in mind i bought 3mm custom cut sheets made to fit my 32" tv,  2x24" LCD & my laptop all for £40 inc delivery and they work really well.

Anyways i thought i'd share

DSC_0070.JPG

Thank you for giving us a peek at your mobile observatory. It looks like you've done an excellent job! And you might enjoy playing with this freeware - turn your screen to red with full control of brightness - or any other colour you'd like:

https://www.otelescope.com/index.php?/files/file/19-backyardred-12/

Have fun!

Dave

Cheers Dave

The freeware would not work for the TV anyway so i had to try something. The individual prices were so low that even with £12 delivery i just felt £40 for the lot (and not spending delivery again later) was worth a try.

I wasn't thinking of your TV-monitor. It is made for a computer. I find it useful when I bring a computer outdoors for my night under-the-stars. So I didn't tell you that - I'm sorry! I really wasn't trying to sell you something. I only give out links to freeware-software.

Sorry 'bout that,

Dave

Archived