NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hitecastro hub questions

AlistairW

Hello,

Been looking at the Hitechastro hub, and have a few simple questions I hope.

> The power outputs are 2.1mm power plugs - any suggestion what to use ? - Currently my equipment has cigarette lighters so I am presuming this is going to be a simple soldering job to add the appropriate connectors.

> What should I use to power the unit, - a 13.8VDC from maplin maybe (40A)? - (I have access to an outdoor main supply)

> Does anyone know if the focuser supports a Lakeside (it mentions Robofocus and Moonlight) - I think it does, but not 100%

Thanks

Alistair

I have one and can vouch that the focuser is both Lakeside & Moonlite compatible using a straight through 9 pin serial lead.   The remote it comes with also works fine.

Just last week I tested the focuser using a Mac program for the Hub written by an SGL member here

I sourced some 2.1mm-2.1mm leads when I bought the hub from Modern Astronomy but was going to see if Astronomiser did them as well.

Have not used it this winter yet but when I have tried it inside it was powered from a Celestron power tank, though when used outside it will be via the Maplins psu.

SteveDvD,

Thanks for you reply. One more quick question. THe straight through 9 pin serial lead you mention, is that different from the ribbon cable supplied by lakeside to attach to their controller ? - If so then I simply need to buy a the 9 pin lead you mention I presume ?

Thanks

Alistair

Archived