NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

William Optics Megrez 88 FD APO

The first batch of Megrez 88 telescopes have all sold out but more are expected in 5-6 working days.

Feedback so far has been excellent with owners reporting APO performance without the need of VR-1 or semi-apo filters 8)

From johninderby's first-light review:

"Collimation was perfect and the diffraction rings in the Airy disk, both inside and outside of focus, were just like a textbook illustration of perfect optics. Colour correction is very good, about the same as the Megrez 90 if not better. On Vega for example CA wasn't noticeable. On Vega the infocused airy disk had no false colour but the outfocused airy disk had some blueishness on the inner rings so there is some CA there but it's very minor. A doublet lens isn't ever going to be completely colour free but I think it will be a case of some traces of CA will be there to be found if you really try hard to find it but most observers will probably say what CA."

(Thanks for the pix John :D )

Megrez_88_large.jpg

What is the glass element?

WO don't quote glass type any more but my understanding is that FD refers to FPL-53.

and Is this the end for the Megrez 90?

Not yet... We are expecting some news regarding the Megrez 90 in 2-3 months.

Yes, William Optics are quite excited about the new FLT98 CF APO triplet, saying that it is thier best optic to-date! It is also fitted with thier new '2.5 inch Linear Power focuser'. Last we heard they will begin arriving end June / early July.

Any idea of price? This is something I would be very interested in. It would look good on my new HEQ5 pro. :D :D :)

(Thanks by the way. Very happy with it, working out really well very portable)

Lee.

Archived