Very first Widefield

Hi all,

set up my Sony alpha 290 on my cg5 using an L-bracket tonight, aimed it at Procyon and took a single 30sec sub (18mm iso1600). No darks or flats. Tweaked levels in pixelmator and de-noised in ps express.

Are the star colours visible in the image correct or is it something to do with my camera?! It isn't Astro modded.  Lots of greens, blues reds and yellows. Not sure if th colours are real or not! 

Cheers

Craig

image.jpeg

Thanks guys, I did let the camera do it's own dark by leaving the noise reduction setting on... I'm going to get out again tonight and see if I can get some more subs as the wife is out with her mates... Please be clear skies tongiht!!!

On 16/02/2016 at 21:47, CraigT82 said:

Hi all,

set up my Sony alpha 290 on my cg5 using an L-bracket tonight, aimed it at Procyon and took a single 30sec sub (18mm iso1600). No darks or flats. Tweaked levels in pixelmator and de-noised in ps express.

Are the star colours visible in the image correct or is it something to do with my camera?! It isn't Astro modded.  Lots of greens, blues reds and yellows. Not sure if th colours are real or not! 

Cheers

Craig

image.jpeg

There are no green stars.

Procyon should be Yellow/white as it's an F type star.
Daylight white balance should give the correct colours.

Archived