NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New Obs

Martin 2

Finished the new obs today and just moving in. I'm sorting cables now and getting the scope drift aligned so I can keep it set up.

The Obs consists of a 7 x 7 warmroom and a 7 x 7 obs room with roll off roof and its working well at the moment, an added bonus is my laptop can connect to the internet from here.

I'll post some pics when I'm sorted

Martin

Wondered where you had got to. One thing for sure, you are not going to be pinched for room.

Those are goodly sized zones of operation you have, but what a difference it is going to make in your work. Can't wait to see the pics.

Ron.

Hi Martin

The biggest advantage in operating in an Observatory,(at least in my experience),is that observation results are improved.

I guess it's because the sessions are that much more relaxed and comfortable.

Hope you find the same.

Terry

Well, got it all up and running last night. Have to say that its really great. Its so comfy, and its nice to have places for all the gear. Had it going with extension leads last night so I could decide the best places for sockets and lights etc. So spent today hard wiring it all including a red light. Only thing that went wrong is-----spent a lot of time drift aligning last night (holding a star for up to 20 mins on the cross hair) was on my hands and knees today sorting the electric sockets and when I stood up I bashed the wedge so will have to see if it needs doing again.

Martin

Archived