Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Malilincam Xtreme

Hello fellow stargazers,

I own one the a Mallincam Xtreme, I am having many problems focusing on any objects including plants. Can any one assist with the technical side of the settings as I am not getting it? I have tried many things and scenarios to make the cam work properly. 

Regards 

Tony 

clear skies guys!

Mallincam Focusing problems 

Hello, it has been suggested that I give much more details of the equipment I am using allowing others to come to my aid, thank you. 

I am using the Mallincam Xtreme 

Meade 10" LX200

Equatorial mount in an observatory 

Thanks Tony

There should be no problem with reaching the focus with a SCT. The most likely issue will be camera settings as the camera is very sensitive and will "white out" if the exposre is wrong for the subject. You will also benefit from a focal reducer to achieve F3.3 or F6.3.

If you'd like expert advice from the people who specialize in all-things-MallinCam, including Rock Mallin himself - I'd suggest you take a look at the MallinCam group in Yahoo. Here's a link:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/mallincam/conversations/messages

It's heavily trafficked - many people own MallinCam's over here.

Have fun -

Dave

Archived