Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IR filter or no IR filter?

Rodd

I image lunar and planetary with a Skyris 618c and a C11 Edge.  Is using the optional IR filter necessary?  Celestron says it will not be compatible with a T thread adapter--so I will not be able to use my powermates.  Not sure if the IR filter will make a difference.  Anybody know?  Also--is it possible to use a 2 inch IR filter threaded onto the end of the powermate?

Thanks

The IR filter is designed to cut light in the IR spectrum which focuses at a different point to the visible spectrum. Without it images can look a little blurry and possibly a little pink. The Celestron IR has a c-thread so that it can be screwed directly the camera body and nosepiece.  Using a c / t-thread adapter will you to connect the camera to the Powermate http://agenaastro.com/blue-fireball-t-thread-female-c-mount-male-adapter.html

Archived