NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Manual filter wheel which takes 36mm unmounted filters....why not ?

Hi All,

ls it just me or would it be a good idea to be able to get a manual filter wheel for 36mm and 50mm unmounted filters, but I can only find 1.25" & 2" ones, with the sensors now on some CCD cameras,  such as the Atik 383L+ needing 36mm filters, but with the costs involved after buying the camera and filters, the need for a cheaper filter wheel rather than the Atik and SX motorised ones, would be a great benefit....wouldn't it ?

I know there is the option of filter drawers, which I think I am going to have to go for in the interim period, but would much prefer a wheel, but not have to spen £350 or more on one.

any thoughts. .? Or better still is there one available that I can't find ??

AB

Nowt wrong with using your hand to change filters, but I opted for 2" since it gives me more mounting options (ie: I can mount them on the front of my 50mm f1.8 lens using a step down ring. Only problem is that they are jolly expensive (for good ones anyway).

Archived