Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Binoviewers for Ha

I know there are no end of binoviewer threads going..... but I'm gonna ask anyway as I can't find the answer in the other threads.

I have decided I can no longer resist the urge to at least try binoviewers and there is no better a scope to use it in than me LS60Tha. I say this because time after time the best views are in my 12mm ep (x44) and it rarely leaves the focuser. So my thoughts are I need only buy 1 pair of EP's to keep me happy which leads me to my question. Has anyone successfully used an AFFORDABLE binoviewer in their solar scope (preferably in the same model as mine) and was a barlow/ corrector required to reach focus?

From what I gather the TS binoviewers are highly regarded and come with self centring, non marring ep holders. Now I have come across these which look identical to the TS BV but at a more favourable price http://www.amazon.co.uk/Omegon-1-25-bino-viewers/dp/B00ODQYNJQ/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1453766635&sr=8-5&keywords=binoviewers so does anyone have any knowledge of this brand ??? I'm assuming it is the same BV but with a different branding which isn't uncommon to find this the case with eyepieces and telescopes. There is also a pair of Stellarvue BV3 which I found that closely resembles the TS version. I see these have a fan base on CN but I'm not too sure the deal I have seen on them is the best and can't find what the original new price was ??

The Baader maxbrights look a good option but I have to keep my head on the spend as if I do require x1.6 barlowing (further expense) to reach focus I am also going to have to buy a pair of 18mm EP's to match the x44 mag of the 12mm.

Not too sure about the WO BV's but like that their kit comes with the barlow and 20mm ep's, but that no doubt is reflected in the price.

Any advice welcomed :)

That may be a problem then as mine is threaded

looks like Thurs may be OK for a bit of sol. I have not used the bino viewer for a while becuse the solar scope is about 7 foot in the air so I can get over the local horizon.

19 hours ago, spaceboy said:

Thanks Steve. I have a lathe but can't get my head or tooling around thread cutting so as long as the adapter is push fit I'm all good :D

Wouldn't something like this serve to do the job?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Omegon-1-25-30mm-extension-tube/dp/B00FF1AHHK/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1453899772&sr=1-5&keywords=extension+tubes+eyepiece

Just a thought.

I will test next sunny day, but on having had some sleep I think the binoviewer could work without any problem on the Lunt and I could be remembering the problems I had with the PST.

watch this space ....

I could be some time with this cloudy weather

Archived