Stellarium

Pluto1948

Hi

I have a Meade LX200GPS and Meade ETX125 EC, I am trying to connect them to Stellarium I have downloaded the driver off the internet for both scopes and when I try to configure the connection the com port in the device manager shows COM4 as being the one to use, when I configure Stellarium it comes up with \\.\COM7, all of the com ports show in this format which seems a weird format, I can change it and it stays as COM4 and when I click on the start button it tells me it is connected, when I look on the Stellarium screen there is no reticle for the scope, and if I press Cntrl 1or use the slew control panel, there is no movement from the scope, but the program runs as it should. Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong, I would appreciate any help, before I start pulling my hair out hard to do as I don't have much left.

Regards

George

Hi George,

Do you have any other software that can drive the mount directly ??  If not I'd try installing Ascom 6.2\EQMOD\CDC (all free) & see if you can drive the mount that way....

EQMOD won't work with that make/type of mount, it is only for Synta synscan mounts.

In Stellarium, when you configure the mount options which mount do you choose from the selection ?  Stellarium has its own internal mount drivers so you shouldn't need to download anything else. From the mount configuration window just select the type of connection (Stellarium internal driver through serial port.), the correct port and the model of mount  Stellarium has both Autostar compatible and LX200 compatible drivers.

Carte du Ceil + the Ascom platform and the correct Ascom meade mount driver should work and might give you an indication of whether the problem is the hardware or software based.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the input.

Glad to say that I have sorted out the connection to Stellarium for the ETX 125EC, and anyone interested you have to connect all your cables and make sure you have the correct COM port, when you have done this you must do an alignment 2 star is better once this is done you will see the reticle  appear on your screen and that is it done.

I hope it is the same process for the LX200 GPS, which it should be easier. (hope).

Regards

GeorgeAll,

Archived