Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

History of Astronomy - societies and groups

jambouk

Sorry for the delay, hectic day at work.

Yes, the SHA's Spring Conference is in Bath, being held jointly with the William Herschel Society. The recent edition of the SHA's e-News is available online and gives more information about the event, as well as other SHA activities:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24095066/contents/enewspdfs/enews_16_01.pdf

I emailed Fred Schlesinger who is the membership secretary of the William Herschel Society last night to see if he could include a short piece about this new "History of Astronomy" forum in the next edition of The Speculum, the WHS's twice yearly publication. Fingers crossed it will be included and may attract more people with an interest in the history of astronomy along to SGL and this forum. I've also penned a short piece for the SHA's Bulletin about this forum as it would be good to see more SHA members contributing to these discussions too. Thinking about it, I will start one of the BAA's forum too!

James

Archived