Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Ic410 The Tadpoles - Hst

strutsinaction

Hi

Here's my recent narrowband capture of IC410, rendered using the Hubble palette and cropped.

Target details:

IC410 is a HII emission nebula in the constellation of Auriga. Commonly known as the Tadpole Nebula for the small 'tadpole-like' structures of dense, cooler gas that are being shaped by the intense radiation from the hot stars of the young open cluster NGC 1893. It is approximately 12000 light years way and 300 light years across. The 'tadpoles' are approximately 10 light years in length.

Capture and processing details:

Ha 30x600s

OIII 15x600s

SII 15x600s

Bias + Flats

Avalon Linear + FSQ85 + QSI690 + SGPro

Processed with PixInsight + PS.

Thanks for looking!

Regards

John

post-1421-0-32968500-1452946759_thumb.pn

Chris/Martin - thanks for the positive feedback, much appreciated!

I'm now taking much more care over my focussing, and regularly refocussing as the subs roll in. In the past I've neglected to do this, giving rise to elongated stars in the corners, particularly the right hand corner. I thought this may have been due to sensor tilt or a Tak collimation issue but it turns out it was simply poor focussing  :happy7:

My QSI690 has also had the 'Sony glow' fix applied which has improved my NB subs. No more darks!

I follow Bill Snyder's approach to rendering the HST palette:

http://bf-astro.com/hubbleP.htm

Regards

John

Another thumbs-up for the Lakeside motor focuser, I've had mine for about 3 years now and it's transformed the accuracy of my focusing. The other bonus of course is that the Lakeside is fully compatible with all the software packages to automate the focusing, I use mine with Focusmax (via Maxim) and CCD Commander.

Martin

Archived