Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Using 2" filters with the Skywatcher 9x50 Finderscope, what adapters are needed?

As i'm planing on ordering some 2" NB filters, i'd also like to be able to give them a try on the finderscope with the help of the QHY5L-II-M.

I see the front of the finderscope have threads, but i have no idea what size, and no idea what adapters i would need to make a 2" filter fit. Can someone help me out with this? I have the black verson of the finderscope that came with the Explorer 200PDS.

I know one usually would put the filter behind the scope, but the only way a 2" filter would fit on the finder would be in the front.

Hi

Measuring the internal diameter of my sw finder suggests it's either m50 or m51 and 2" filters are m48. I'm afraid I don't know of any suitable adapters. I suppose you could fix a filter in place using some ptfe tape but it would be a bit risky. You can get lens adapters to m48 which allow you to attach a 2" filter to the front of a camera lens.

Louise

Archived