Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi 

This image was taken with 10 *60sec lights (also with darks, flats) I am using a 8"SCT and a canon 450d camera with a cls filter. The used DSS and then processed using gimp.

Any ideas for improvement would be gratefully accepted 

post-46757-0-73537200-1451820008_thumb.p

The short answer is - as many as you can get. If you are limited to 60secs then I would try to get at least 30 but preferably more. On this type of nebula I would always try to get at least an hours worth of subs. You will always get more detail with longer subs though.

Peter

This target is really a bit big for your field of view and, since it is terribly faint, it is a difficult choice for such a slow scope. I do think you'll struggle. (To be honest, even with the right skies and the right kit I've never actually pulled off an M78 that I was at all happy with. It's a bit of a devil!) More subs, longer subs, only try on perfect nights, never in the moonlight... That's about it, really.

Olly

Archived