Woo Its arrived :-)

Mr__W1zz4rd

I have been interested in photography for many years, mainly wildlife photography plus a few star trails so when i received my first telescope for Christmas i instantly thought i need to start photographing the sky. So decided to purchase This 

pOr9DS.png

Its only a cheap one but i hope it dose the job.

I cant wait for a few clear nights so i can get my Canon 7D on to my Sky-Watcher 100P Dob. As i have never done anything like this before dose anyone have any advise to get the best quality photos? im hoping to take photos of the Sun, Mars, Jupiter the Andromeda galaxy (if i can) or am i aiming to high?

Thanks

James

Whatever you do DO NOT start with the Sun, until you are sure that you have appropriate Solar Filters in place.

You will find that the Planets/Moon zip across the field of view, so tracking will be an issue.

Right now, I'd start with the bright Moon as you will be able to use low ISO and still have a fairly fast shutter for single frames.

Best of luck,

Rich

Whatever you do DO NOT start with the Sun, until you are sure that you have appropriate Solar Filters in place.

Hi Rich sorry i forgot to mention i have a Astrozap Baader Solar Filter as well. 

thank you for that i will start with the moon. 

I was once a hopeful like you. You can forget andromeda for now, unless you have a driven mount and guiding equipment. I have decided, after mounting my dslr on my 200p, that i am not going to invest in astrophotography right now. In all honesty the only thing i can get good photos of with my setup is the moon.

I love visual astronomy :)

I was once a hopeful like you. You can forget andromeda for now, unless you have a driven mount and guiding equipment. I have decided, after mounting my dslr on my 200p, that i am not going to invest in astrophotography right now. In all honesty the only thing i can get good photos of with my setup is the moon.

I love visual astronomy :)

Thats probably a sound decision and the same one I reached after I dabbled with a bit of planetary and lunar imaging :smiley:

Archived