NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help Cartes du Ciel won't download onto my ASUS laptop

Tried to download Cartes du Ciel into my laptop that I'll be using to control (or at least slew) my scope. It downloads into the down load section and shows up for installation, but and this is a big BUT when it starts to load into the computer an error window pops up telling me there is something wrong with a driver of some sort.

I've successfully down loaded onto my HP Touchsmart desk top running Windows 10. The laptop is an ASUS also running Windows 10.

Anybody have any idea what the problem may be? I tried downloading it from an number of sites including a mirror site that seems to be related to Cartes du Ciel, OH and Stellarium downloaded nicely. In fact this is the only app that hasn't downloaded easily.

What does the pop up error message say exactly ?

Went out to check and hoped to be able to recreate the "problem", ended up fixing dinner and falling asleep in my new soft, rocking recliner. After waking up I tried to reload the program and low and behold it loaded nicely.

The problem seems to have something to do with the site(s) I downloaded from, some sort of (virus whatever) that wasn't present in the Cartes du Ciel site.

Probelm solved, :headbang::happy1:

Archived